To apply for CBCP certification, all applicants must:
- Possess at least two years of significant, practical experience in five of the subject areas of the Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
- Pass the Qualifying Examination with a minimum score of 75%.
- Complete the Online Application for Professional Certification by logging into your DRI account.
- Complete application essays focused on your business continuity / disaster recovery planning responsibilities and accomplishments by mapping your experience to the Professional Practices. At least two of the five selected subject matter essays MUST draw from:
- Subject Area 3: Business Impact Analysis.
- Subject Area 4: Developing Business Continuity Strategies.
- Subject Area 6: Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans.
- Subject Area 8: Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans.
- Provide references to confirm your experience. Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date.
Important Note : Inform your references about your application. Ask for their prompt assistance when DRI International requests validation of your experience and subject area pages. Incomplete applications cause delays in the process, and we may require additional steps and requests to you for additional information.
Once your references have validated your experience, the Commission will review your application. This review may also prompt the commissioners to contact you for additional information.
Applicants must provide the names and contact information for at least two individuals who can document your experience in each subject area. The total number of references you provide can be as few as two (if both references can attest to all your required subject areas), or many more (if different references are provided for each of your required subject areas). Additional references may be provided to save processing time in case, if the first two references cannot provide verification from the first two.
List all the references you need to document your minimum two years of required experience. Some individuals will list several, while others may list only two. Just make sure that the references you select can verify a minimum of two (2) years of your business continuity experience. For additional detail on certification levels and recertification requirements, please follow the links provided, go to the FAQ section or contact the director of certification via email or by calling 02 8251 0080.
Important Note : This entire process can take several weeks. DRI International contacts all applicants upon approval. Once approved, professional certification status and recertification period documents are provided. If you are not approved and wish to re-apply, contact the Customer Care Center 02 8251 0080 for additional information on how to re-apply.
Recertification is required for all certification levels. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. There is a yearly maintenance fee for all certification levels. There are 80 CEAPs required for CFCP.