DRI International is the non-profit that helps organizations prepare for and recover from disasters. We achieve this through education, accreditation, and thought leadership in business continuity and related fields. Founded in 1988, we are the oldest and largest nonprofit organization serving resilience professionals.
DRI International strives for a more resilient world.
Who we are
Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI) is the oldest and largest nonprofit that helps organizations around the world prepare for and recover from disasters by providing education, accreditation, and thought leadership in business continuity, disaster recovery, cyber resilience and related fields. Founded in 1988, DRI has certified 15,000+ resilience professionals in 100+ countries and at 95 percent of Fortune 100 companies. DRI offers 15 individual certifications, including the globally-recognized CBCP certification, and certifies organizations as resilient enterprises. DRI offers training programs ranging from introductory to masters level across a variety of specialties in multiple languages; online and in-person continuing education opportunities; and an annual conference dedicated to the resilience profession. DRI supports charitable activities through the DRI Foundation.
DRI provides independent analysis and standard-neutral, technical advice for governments and international organizations as the voice of the resilience profession. DRI is a Standards Development Organization accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), an International Organization Liaison Observer to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Committee 292 that manages ISO 22301, a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner, a National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) Training Provider, and a United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction ARISE Initiative Partner. Our certification programs are recognized by various government agencies including the U.S. Federal Government via the Montgomery GI Bill and the GSA Schedule.
DRI-Australia supports individuals and organisations with training and certification programs that are industry and community recognised. A public course schedule covers the major cities and interest areas. This can be extended to meet demand for courses and certification exams. Closed or in-house programs are offered throughout Australia, delivered by a team of experienced business continuity professionals.
DRI International Values:
- Acceptance, inclusiveness, and the promotion of mutual respect.
- Its recognition as the authoritative source and is committed to maintaining a position of neutrality within the profession so that it may serve as a platform for discussion and advancement.
- Its commitment to legal and ethical practice in providing high-quality business continuity management.
- Networking, collegiality, and collaboration and is committed to maintaining a diverse network, broadly represented in its governance, committee structure, and programmatic activities.
- Collaboration and partnerships with organizations and agencies, both public and private, interested in facilitating the institute’s mission and goals worldwide.
- The exceptional expertise provided by volunteers and embraces the participation and support of all its diverse professional network.
- Its commitment to maintaining open lines of communication between and among the leadership and DRI International Certified Professionals, affiliates, and representatives.
- Technological innovation and its commitment to providing state-of-the-art technological and professional education and certification programs that meet the needs of its Certified Professionals and the broader profession.
- The promotion of new ideas and values, the importance of demonstrating proficiency, on-going professional development, and continuing education.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Its commitment to maintaining financial viability, effectively and prudently managing the institute’s resources and operations, and monitoring its strategic plan to meet its mission and goals.